Northumberland Vikings American Football is the top American Football team in the North East of England, playing in the BAFA Premier North league. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, the team was formed in 2014 as the Newcastle Vikings. The Vikings then merged with Northumberland Lightning in 2017 and have since won multiple Division 1 titles and made playoffs each year. Our team also played a part in forming the North East Academy of American Football, providing access to the sport to children, young adults, and women.
This is a hybrid volunteer role for a Content Creator. The Content Creator will be responsible for creating engaging and high-quality content including articles, social media posts, and video content. They will collaborate with various departments to develop a content strategy and ensure content aligns with marketing and brand messaging. The role will be in Newcastle upon Tyne but will have flexibility for some remote work. We will expect you to be at home games and some practices for the content creation itself.
- Proficient in creating written, social media, and video content.
- Demonstrate creativity and have the ability to produce high-quality content that engages fans of American Football.
- Experience with social media platforms, analytics, and scheduling tools
- Knowledge of SEO and content optimization techniques
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about American Football and willing to learn more about the sport and team.
- Experience in sports marketing or content creation is a plus.