Northumberland Vikings American Football is the premier American football team in the North East of England. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, we compete in the BAFA Premier North, the top level of British American Football. Our team plays at Druid Park, and we were formed in 2014 as the Newcastle Vikings. In 2017, we merged with BAFA Division 2 side Northumberland Lightning and since the merge, we have secured multiple Division 1 Titles, and made the playoffs each year. We also played an instrumental role in the formation of the North East Academy of American Football, which makes the sport accessible to children, young adults, and women, and offers a pathway through the sport across multiple disciplines.
This is a hybrid volunteer role as an Equipment Manager at Northumberland Vikings American Football. The Equipment Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of team equipment, including inventory, upkeep, and distribution. The Equipment Manager will regularly communicate with coaches and other team officials. This role will be located in Newcastle Upon Tyne; however, some remote work is acceptable.
- Experience in equipment management or a related field
- Level 1 Coaching qualification desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to manage inventory, including equipment check-out and return.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and schedules.
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of American Football