Northumberland Vikings American Football is a premier American Football Team in the North East of England. We compete in the BAFA Premier North Division, the top level of British American Football. Our team is based in Newcastle upon Tyne, and we play at Druid Park. We are also instrumental in the formation of the Northeast Academy of American Football, which makes the sport accessible to children, young adults, and women.
This is a hybrid volunteer role for a Recruitment Manager. The Recruitment Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire recruitment process for Northumberland Vikings American Football, identifying talent, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and making offers. They will also need to work closely with the coaching staff to identify needs for the team, develop a recruitment strategy, and maintain a positive reputation for the team both locally and nationally. The Recruitment Manager will be based remotely, with flexibility for travel to throughout the North East.
- Previous experience in recruitment, preferably in a sports setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively source and attract candidates.
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and time-management skills to manage the recruitment process from start to finish.
- An understanding of coaching staff requirements and the ability to work collaboratively with them.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the BAFA Leagues and other applicable regulations.
- A passion for American Football and knowledge of the sport.