The Northumberland Vikings American Football team is the premier American football team in the North East of England based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We compete in the BAFA Premier North, which is the top level of American Football in the UK. Our team was formed in 2014 as the Newcastle Vikings and have since merged with BAFA Division 2 side Northumberland Lightning. We offer accessibility to the sport through the North East Academy of American Football that provides opportunities to children, young adults, and women.
This is a volunteer hybrid role where the Sports Data Analyst will work both on-site in Newcastle upon Tyne and from home. The Sports Data Analyst position will be responsible for day-to-day tasks such as data analytics, data modelling, and communication. The Sports Data Analyst will analyse team performance data to develop insights, inform decisions, and improve the team’s overall performance.
- Analytical Skills, Data Analytics, and Statistics
- Excellent Communication skills to build relationships with coaches and share insights with the team.
- Data modelling expertise to identify areas of team improvement.
- Knowledge of American Football, rules, and strategies to identify relevant performance metrics and trends.
- Experience with performance analysis software like Hudl and Qwikcut
- Bachelor’s degree in sports science, statistics, or relevant field preferred but not required.
- Prior experience of data analysis in sports will be beneficial but not required.