Northumberland Vikings American Football is the premier American football team in the North East of England and competes at the BAFA Premier North level. The team plays at Druid Park and was formed in 2014 as the Newcastle Vikings. Northumberland Vikings American Football merged with BAFA Division 2 side Northumberland Lightning in 2017 and has since secured multiple Division 1 Titles and made the playoffs each year. The team was also instrumental in establishing the North East Academy of American Football, providing access to the sport for all ages and genders.
This is a volunteer, hybrid role with a primary location in Newcastle upon Tyne, but some remote work is acceptable. The Team Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the team, including but not limited to team logistics, budgeting, fund-raising, social media presence and events. This will involve working with other team officials and key stakeholders to ensure that the team functions efficiently and effectively to achieve its goals. You will mainly be a link between Players, Officials, and the Committee.
- Experience in team management and administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience or interest in American football and the sports industry
- Experience in marketing and social media management is a plus.
- Experience in budgeting and fundraising is a plus.