The Northumberland Vikings American Football team is the premier American football team in the North East of England. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, the team competes in the top level of British American Football – BAFA Premier North. The team was formed in 2014 and following a merge with BAFA Division 2 side Northumberland Lightning in 2017, the Northumberland Vikings have secured multiple Division 1 titles. Alongside playing at a high level, the Vikings have also played an instrumental role in the formation of the North East Academy of American Football, which makes the sport of American football accessible to children, young adults, and women across the North East of England.
The Northumberland Vikings American Football team is looking for a Volunteer Treasurer to join our team in a volunteer capacity for a hybrid role with some remote work. The Treasurer will be responsible for overseeing the team’s financial resources, including budgets, investments, and revenue. The Treasurer will work closely with other team executives to ensure financial stability and transparency in all financial operations.
- Experience in financial management, accounting, or related field
- Excellent knowledge of financial regulations, compliance, and reporting standards
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with American football or other sports/non-profit organizations is a plus.
- Ability to work in a hybrid role with mostly remote work.